Inovape Explains Vaping. What type of E-liquid should I use? 50/50 or HVG?
The first article in the Inovape Explains series, where we dive into a vaping topic and hopefully explain it as simply as possible! In this article, we’re going to get into the difference between 50/50 and HVG liquids, what they are, what’s in them, and which you should be using.
What’s in an e-liquid?
There are two main ingredients in an e-liquid.
- VG – Vegetable Glycerine. This is used to thicken the e-liquid which helps to give the cloud that goes along with vaping.
- PG – Propylene Glycol. This is the part that carries the throat hit, so is most important for people quitting smoking.
Both of these are considered safe and are used in many everyday food and pharmaceutical products, including asthma inhalers.
The other ingredients are the flavouring for the liquid flavour and then the nicotine*. This can be purified in different ways, so we will cover the difference here in a different article about nicotine salt liquids.
*Some liquids don’t contain nicotine. All 0mg liquids do not contain nicotine, and neither do any shotrfill bottles over the size of 10ml.
What’s the difference between 50/50 and HVG?
The difference between these two types of liquid is fairly straight forward, now you know what is in an e-liquid.
- 50/50 – A mixture of 50% PG and 50% VG.
- HVG – A high VG liquid, so these liquids have a higher proportion of VG than they do PG. They are often 30% PG and 70% VG.
Which type should you be using for your device?
This all depends on which type of vape device you are using.
- Mouth-to-lung (MTL) – 50/50 is best for you. This is because you will get more of a throat hit from this style of liquid which will help replicate the experience of smoking. The 50/50 liquid is best for the smaller coils that tend to be used in MTL kits. Some popular examples would be: Innokin T20-s, Aspire Nautilus, Smok Nord.
- Straight-to-lung (STL) – HVG liquids are best for you. That’s because the higher amount of VG in these liquids helps to increase the cloud output and means you can intake more. The 70/30 or 80/20 mixtures work best in the larger coils, for example: Smok Baby Beast, Uwell Crown, Vaporesso GT.
We hope this article was helpful, if you need anymore information or help, drop a comment below or message our Facebook page!
You can, of course, order both styles of e-liquid on our web store – www.ino-vape.com
Be sure to follow us across Social Media – Search for Inovape Ltd