Inovape Explains Vaping: What Nicotine Strength Should I Use?Inovape Ltd
It’s one of the most important parts of vaping to get right. Which nicotine strength should you be using? Well, with a bit of luck, and some information, we can try and answer that for you!
When you start vaping you can easily miss how important getting the right nicotine strength is. The strength of nicotine dictates how strong the throat hit will be, which is key to helping a vape imitate the smoking sensation.
We think the best way to work out your strength is based on the amount of cigarettes you are smoking a day, rather than the strength of cigarette. Vaping is very personal, so trial and error will help you find your match! With all that in mind, here’s a quick guide of how to choose a nicotine strength in a MTL (cigarette style) device:
- I never smoked = We wouldn’t recommend you start vaping, but if you are going to, do so without nicotine (that’s the addictive part).
- 0-5 cigarettes a day = Try a 3mg
- 5-15 cigarettes a day = Try a 6mg
- 15-25 cigarettes a day = Try a 12mg
- 25+ cigarettes a day = Try a 18mg
It’s worth noting that everyone is different, so as we said above, a bit of trial and error will help you find the strength that suites you best!
If you want to use Nic Salts, this basic guide is for you:
- Someone who matches the description of the 3mg or 6mg above = Try a 10mg or 11mg
- Someone who matches the description of 12mg or 18mg above = Try a 20mg
STL/DTL (Straight to lung) device
For a more powerful STL/DTL (straight to lung) device, here’s your potential nicotine strengths:
- Most STL users = Try a 3mg
- For STL users who want or need a stronger throat hit = Try a 6mg
We don’t recommend going any higher than the 6mg in a powerful device because they produce much more vape, and anything over a 6mg can be very harsh!
Hopefully this has been useful for new vapers who might be looking to start vaping, or even switch their style of vaping! These Inovape Explains Vaping articles are released every Wednesday, so for more tips and information about vaping, this is the place to be!